Do you like chicken mince? Here are some good chicken mince recipes.
1. Chicken Keema
Keema, Kheema or Qeema, whatever you wish to name it, is an extremely delicious South Asian meat dish. It basically means minced meat which you can prepare in a variety of ways using your favouite meat. Chef Shantanu Gupte is up with deeply flavorful, spicy & Mumbai’s street food style chicken keema recipe.
1 bay leaves
1 star anise
2 to 3 cloves
1 tbsp peppercorn
1 onion (finely chopped)
salt to taste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 green chillies
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp jeera powder
2 tbsp brown onion paste
400 grams chicken mince (keema)
1 tsp kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves)
3 tbsp tomato puree
water to sprinkle (adjust to consistency)
8 to 10 mint leaves (roughly torn)/ Coriander leaves roughly chopped
1 boiled egg
– Heat oil in a pan and add the khada garam masalas in it. Khada garam masalas include bay leaves, cinnamon, star anise and cloves.
– Add the coarsely grounded peppercorns to the above ingredients and saute them well.
– Add the chopped onions and salt to the oil and saute them slightly.
– Add the garlic paste and the ginger paste and saute slightly.
– Add the red chilli powder, green chillies, turmeric powder, coriander powder and the jeera powder and let them cook for a while.
– Add the brown onion paste and mix well.
– Add the chicken mince (keema) to the above ingredients.
– Add salt to taste and the kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves) along with the tomato puree and let them cook well.
– Sprinkle just little water over the chicken keema.
– Add the mint leaves (roughly torn) to the keema and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
– Serve the chicken keema in a bowl with some onions on top and garnish it with grated boiled egg.
2. Steggles Chicken Mince Wontons
250g chicken mince
2 packets wonton wrappers
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
2 shallots, chopped
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Vietnamese dipping sauce, to serve
1. In a bowl, add mince, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, coriander and shallots. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Working one at a time, spoon half a teaspoon of the mince mixture into the centre of each wonton wrapper. To seal, gently brush the pastry with water and enclose the mince mixture, firmly pressing in the top where the pastry comes together.
3. Heat oil for frying in a large pan and fry wontons in batches until cooked through, crisp and golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
Serve with Vietnamese dipping sauce.
3. Thai Chicken Balls
Combining chicken mince with a whole array of favourite Thai flavours – from coriander to coconut milk – these balls are the perfect treat for a party or to pop into the school lunch boxes. Team them up with the soy and chilli dipping sauce for maximum flavour and added zing. Thai Chicken Balls
4. Chicken Mince Pasta
Elbow Marconi 1 pack
Mince 2 pounds (chicken or lamb its up to your choice)
Onions 2 medium (coarsely chopped)
Tomato 2 medium(coarsely chopped)
Fresh garlic 1 tbs (heaped)
Fresh ginger i tbs (thinly sliced)
Red chili powder 1 tbsp
Crushed pepper 1 tsp
Salt 1 tbsp
Hot sauce 2 tbsp (heaped)
Crushed coriander 1 tbsp
Oregano 1/2 tsp
Oil 1/2 cup
Pasta sauce 1 cup
For Pasta Sauce
Oil 2 tbsp
Garlic 3 cloves (crushed)
Red chilies 1 tbsp (crushed)
Salt 1 tsp
Oregano 1 tsp
Onion 1 (chopped)
Sugar 1 tsp
Tomato puree or paste 1 cup
Ketchup 2 tbsp
Buy These Ingredients Now
First boil pasta as directed on the packet.
In a wok heat oil and add chopped garlic fry it until golden brown than add onion and fry it for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add mince and ginger and fry it until its water dried and mince look like light golden.
Than add tomato and all spices along hot sauce except oregano along 1/4 cup water and cook it on medium low heat until water dries out.
Add boiled pasta and mix it well and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat and at the end put pasta sauce and mix it well and again let it cook for 2 more minutes on low heat.
Sprinkle oregano just one minute before to turn off the stove and serve warm.
For Pasta Sauce: Heat oil, add onion, sauté add garlic, salt, oregano, sugar, red chillies crushed, a little water, ketchup and tomato puree; let cook till thicken. (source: http://www.khanapakana.com)